Salt Fork Trail Challenge | 2014
Thanks to every single runner, volunteer, spectator, ranger, park employee and anyone I am missing for making this years Salt Fork Trail Challenge one of the best events in Ohio. Heard lots of great feedback and even some bad which we are addressing to make next year better.
DATE: Saturday November 15, 2014 (Tentative)
DISTANCE: 10.4 miles
TIME: 9:30 a.m. (3 hour time limit)
START and FINISH: Salt Fork State Park Lodge, Cambridge, OH
ONLINE REGISTRATION: Will open January 1 at noon.
REGISTRATION: Register online at Active.com
- $35.00 until September 1, 2014
- $40.00 until October October 1, 2014
- $45.00 until November 1, 2014
- $50.00 Race day entry and NO HOODIE
WHAT YOU GET:
- Tough course with stocked aid stations (Water, Gu Gels, Gu Brew, Chips and Cookies)
- Salt Fork Hoodie (see picture on right)
- Finishers Glass
- Post race Peanut Butter and Jelly, Fresh Fruit, Cookies, Pretzels and Nuun.
- Hang out post race in the lodge by the fire
- Race results posted later the day.
- Ability to spend Sunday with your family.
LUNCH ON THE ROAD:
We know it is a long drink back up north for some runners with very little food options. So the park is offering up boxes lunches that include a wrap, whole fruit, sun chips, and utensils for $7.50. This is a server the park is providing, and you can order at registration. OhioOutside will be providing the normal post race soup, snacks, drinks, etc.
Aid Stations: There will be an aid station at @ Mile 5.5 of the course. It will have Gu, Cookies, Pretzels and Water. All participants are encouraged to carry food and water as well.
Weather: Weather conditions in area are difficult to predict in the month of November. So be ready for anything from sunshine, rain, snow, mud or even a partially frozen trail. Weather at the race over the past three years has ranged from 21 degrees at start time to 60 degrees by noon. Post race you can warm up by the fire. No Muddy Shoes in the lodge.