Last Minute stuff to know ….
- Packet pickup is this Thursday at Vertical Runner in Hudson from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. Stop by and grab your race number, and receive 15% off all regular priced trail shoes.
- You can also pick up your race packet Saturday Morning starting at 6:30 at the park.
- When entering the park, stay to the right and follow the road around and parking will be on the left, about a 1/3 mile past the guard.
- There will be two lines for packet pickup A – K and L – Z
- Race will start promptly at 8:30AM
- Be careful on the stairs they can be slick and watch for rain ruts, roots, rocks, small animals, etc.
- Did I mention be careful on the steps?
- Post race food will be served after the race by Totally Cooked Catering
- Awards will be presented around 9:30 to 9:45 or as runners are done.
Results will be posted on Sunday night !!
Things not to do once you are at the race …. (sorry but we have to mention these)
- Please DO NOT tear off the bottom of your bib tag …. once you receive your number it needs to stay in tact until you cross the finish line. At that time, please tear and hand the bottom portion to one of our staff members.
- Parking … please DO NOT PARK in the lot next to the steps / trail. We need that area for Park Rangers and Spectators.
- Use the bathrooms, not the woods … there are several throughout the park.
- Dogs are not permitted on the course. Being a 2 laps course it makes it dangerous for other runners.
- Please DO NOT go through the finish line twice. If you go back and run with a friend please pull off before the finish line. Going though the finish line twice screws up our timing.
Additional info …
- We are getting a lot of emails about people asking to register online for the race. We are sold out, and have just enough hoodies and beer glasses for the people who have registered. If you would like to to race, we will accept race day registration but YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE a race packet. Race day registration is $25.00.
Saturday October 12, 2013 – Start Time 8:30AM | Sold Out
Saturday November 9, 2013 – Start Time 8:30AM | Sold Out
Saturday December 7, 2013 – Start Time 8:30AM | Sold Out
Do All 3 Races … Pre-register for all three races by October 1st and get an extra discount plus receive an OhioOutside.com “hoodie sweatshirt” for the first 250 registrants. Registration Is Now Sold Out.
This 5 mile (actually 4.7 mile) course utilizes 2 loops of the Indian Spring Trail. The course starts in a wide open field for approximately a 1/8 mile before hitting the trails for for 4.4 miles.
Each race participant is given a collective pint glass from that event. After the race fill it up with water and Gu Brew. On Saturday night fill it up and relax with your favorite beverage talking about the race with friends. Do all three races and receive a special 4th glass for doing the entire series. (beverage not included)