Big Orange as we like to call it at the office, the Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler is large, durable, lightweight, and get’s the job done. Traveling? You can haul anything from climbing gear to weeks worth of clothes in this 90 liter bag, we’ll go as far as saying “you could haul the kitchen sink”. I wondering the folks at Lowe’s would get upset if I stopped by and tried it.
What’s the underlying story behind the Cargo Hauler? Well, being big enough to haul most cargo, the bag is built using Eagle Creek’s new Bi-Tech™ Armor Lite fabric: According to Eagle Creek the bag is both abrasion and water resistant and has several nice features such as: rain shields on the zippers, removable backpack straps, padded top haul handles, side grab handle, and daisy chains for attaching to a roof rack. Some of these features might not seem like a big deal, but when you consider the bag weighs in at 1lb 4oz and the amount of gear it can carry, it is pretty impressive. We beat it up quite a bit, but I know for sure we could of dished out more.
Eagle Creek equipped the Cargo Haulers with gear pockets, grab handles, and tie-down daisy chains to handle any travel circumstance or adventure. Traveling far on foot, not a worry with the removable backpack straps things are a breeze. Just plan ahead so all the soft items are next to your back, nothing like having a boot in the back while hiking.
Three compartments make us the Cargo Hauler, one main center pocket that can be accessed via a large u-shaped lid, and 2 end compartments that are perfect for shoes, dirty clothes of anything you need quick access to.
How big is 90 liters? If I said is was equivalent to 90 liters of milk you would probably call me a few choice words and stop reading now! Stuff to the gill, the bag measures 29 x 13 x 15 inches, any bigger and I am thinking I might not want to use it as backpack.
Retail price is $109.00 and overall a great bag. The size is ideal for trips, it is durable and when not in use, it packs into its front-end zippered compartment for compact storage. Learn more at http://shop.eaglecreek.com
More on the Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler
The Eagle Creek Hauler is available in 45, 60, 90 and 120 Liter sizes and lots of good looking color combinations.
Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler Feature
- ULTRA-LIGHT (The 90L weighs only 2 lb 2 oz!!)
- Made with an extra-durable, water-repellent coated Bi-Tech™ Armor Lite fabric: a brand new fabric technology that uses maximum abrasion resistance while keeping the bag ultra-light
- Bartack reinforcement on all stress points for maximum schlepping
- Removable backpack straps, padded top haul handles, and side grab handle
- U-shaped lid for easy access to main compartment
- Sizeable easy-access zippered end pockets for gear organization
- Six heavy-duty lash points for attaching this bag to a roof rack
- Bottom is foam padded to help protect contents against impact
- #10 lockable zippers with storm flap shield zipper from rain
- Finger-friendly pulls for easy access while wearing gloves
- Reflectivity for dusk and nighttime visibility
- Packs into its front-end zippered compartment for compact storage
- Rectangular silhouette is ideal for stacking