We’ve been using the Light & Motion Urban 800 Fast Charge for a while now, and the $150.00 light has become an everyday accessory. Plenty of light for the gravel roads and moderate trails, putting out 800 lumens, waterproof, and 2.5 hours to fully charge make it a perfect fit for any cyclist.
A few of us figured they would push the boundaries of its intended use by bringing it along for some overnight back roads trails and roads, and it didn’t disappoint. On a single charge, it lit the way on the roads providing plenty of light to manage your way safely. Off the bike it worked well to do repairs on the road and it also great around the campsite.
Light & Motion employees a 43-person team which handles product design and manufacturing under one roof in their HQ in Marina, CA.
“Manufacturing in the US is integral to our core company values and mission,” says Daniel Emerson, CEO. “Building the product ourselves, in an integrated environment where the engineering, customer service, sales, and manufacturing staff work in sight of each other, provides product integrity.”
Light & Motion is also regarded as having some of the best customer service in the bike industry, with their promise to replace, repair, or upgrade for the life of any product.
• 800 Lumen output certified to the FL-1 Standard
• Electronics designed for a rapid recharge using a 2A USB adapter
• Engineered with the best CREE LED and enhanced firmware.
• Custom engineered micro-peened reflector optimizes the light to provide a smooth, even beam pattern that focuses the light exactly where you need it.
• Beam pattern was engineered to maximize riders’ depth perception using optics that eliminates the snowball effect with a clean transition across the beam.
• Amber Side lighting for a full 180 degrees of visibility
• IP67 Rating – Tested to be fully waterproof in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes
•Handlebar Mount, Helmet mount, GoPro Mount, & Micro USB Charging Cable